Sunday, September 02, 2007

mixed feelings


just "saw" an ex-college friend online.. after saying "HI" the next message was... "I'm getting married"

That was probably 15 minutes ago that I talked to her over msn... Now I am left with lots of mixed feelings! I am definitely happy for her. It has not been easy for her to have come so far in her relationship. Truthfully, it was almost like a chase around *half* the globe, from w/i Australia to Singapore... her boyfriend faithfully followed her to Singapore when she decided to work here for 2 years.. and faithfully followed her back to Australia when she decided she had had enough of him and of Singapore *Singapore not in a bad way*.

Now she is getting married *in Nov! 10 days before my brother's! I hope I can make it for her wedding in Aussieland* ! Oh darn am I surprised and it just makes me wonder about my own perspective in life. Interestingly, the topic of marriage *much to my dismay* has been THE topic surround me - questions were posed by"concerned" colleagues and friends. My reason *truthfully* is that I am not ready and I don't think I suit marriage with such a strong-headed character.

But boy oh boy, my close friends around me are certainly joining the ranks of marriage life and leaving me all alone....

No comments: